My name is Shelley, Founder and Creative Director of Cape Town based leather goods studio, Verse.
It's lovely to 'meet' you :)
I am seeking a part-time designer / conceptual thinker to join my small studio, as I continue to grow and expand this small business and it's offering.
I am looking for someone who is passionate, skilled and really enlivened at the idea of being a part of this tiny-in-size, but big-in-dreams team.
If this is beginning to sound like something you've been searching for, please read on and let's see if we're a good match.
WHO YOU ARE
- You consider yourself to be bit of a swiss army knife / a jack of all trades
- You have a passion and talent for storytelling across many mediums
- You have an obsessive attention to detail
- You enjoy designing, curating and making
- Your Instagram feed is full of small scale businesses who are doing things differently
- You have an appreciation and eye for the art of dressing
- You understand that in a small business an ‘all hands on deck’ approach is required
- You have a spiritual/mindfulness practice of any kind (this is relevant to the job and kind of thinking needed)
- One of you favourite feelings is ticking something off of a to-do-list
- You love Verse as a brand, and are genuinely excited at the idea of being a part of it
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work three days a week
- Be part of a small team of creatives, where you'll be invited to help ideate and implement new offerings as the business evolves
- Help conceptualise and execute campaigns and strategies to drive sales both online and, eventually, at physical events
- Help with day to day administration and customer relations, as well as the processing and packing of online of orders
- Visual research and the creation of original copy
- Make data-driven decisions, which define our best practices, leveraging tools like Google Analytics and Mailchimp
- You are proficient in InDesign & Photoshop
- You have an understanding of, and affinity for, online marketing & social media management
- Have the ability to work remotely/from the studio in Cape Town
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com with:
- Share x3 sample images (sourced from anywhere), along with captions you’d imagine on Verse’s Instagram feed
- Links to any relevant past projects or social media feeds you’ve contributed to
- Your salary requirements for three days a week
- Elaborate on why the idea of working at Verse excites you
Thank you so much for your interest!
I hope to hear from you soon.